Green template

Thank you so much for stopping by Toadilly Homemade! This is a place where I try to capture my favorite crafting projects. I love to create and I hope you find something that inspires you.

1.27.2010

Family Tree Design

I think this is officially my favorite design!  This originally began as a "Families are Forever" request.  The words looks so lonely on that big tile so I began to brainstorm various symbols relating to family.  My dad is huge on geneology and family trees and I decided to go in that direction.

I found the beautiful tree image online for free.  I converted it to a cutting file, then spent a good amount of time editing the file to make the image more bold.  I then cut the tree using glossy white vinyl and hand painted the brown trunk and limbs and the green leaves.  It is so beautiful in person!



I think this design is very versitile.  You of course can keep the "Families are Forever."  But how about "Our Family Tree" or even using your family name?  I can see this design hanging on a wall (or applied directly to a wall) in the middle of a collection of family photographs. 

The tree design is only available in a 12 inch square design.  Unfortunately it is far too delicate to cut in a smaller size.  But remember you can choose a different font or colors to suit your tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment