Green template

Thank you so much for stopping by Toadilly Homemade! This is a place where I try to capture my favorite crafting projects. I love to create and I hope you find something that inspires you.

7.29.2012

Texas Star Baby Album

I don't usually highlight my passion for scrapbooking.  But last week I made a baby scrapbook for a dear friend expecting the arrive of a little boy in two weeks.  I went with a cowboy theme to match her nursery, and I absolutely love how it came out!  So please excuse a little bit of paper bragging.  :)

The little boy's name will be Clayton Levi.  Her baby shower thus had a blue jean cowboy theme.  When I found the blue jean album at the store I knew I just HAD to make a batching album. While we were hunting for decor ideas, I noticed my friend had saved a few links for creating rope names on Pinterest. That was my inspiration for the cover.


This is the first page.  I decided on the title "Wanted" because my friend has struggled with infertility and because she had to fight daddy for a long time for her name choice.  :)


I really love the top left page, which is meant for her ultrasound pictures.  The lettering reads, "It's a cowBOY!!"  The bottom pages have an over sized sheriff star.  I tried to incorporate stars on several pages.



I really love these next pages, these two pages will help her record memories from Clayton's baby blessing.  The pendant on the left page was made from scraps from the large blue jean and burlap pendant banner I made for the baby shower.  Maybe I will throw in a picture of the banner at the end, after all I did use vinyl to create it.  :)


The next four pages highlight Clayton's new family.  The left page will display pictures of mom and dad, and the right page will show off Clayton's cute cowgirl sister.




The final pages are unthemed pages.  I didn't know what memories my friend would want to capture (firsts? a page for each month?).  I didn't want to push her in any particular direction.




And now as promised, here are a few pictures of the large banner I made for the baby shower.  Unfortunately I don't have a great shot of it at the party.  These are a few close up shots I took from home.  The triangles are cut from denim cotton and beige burlap.  The letters and sheriff stars are vinyl.  The pendants were strung on twine and strips of red bandanna fabric were tied between the pendants for an extra pop of color.



Happy trails!!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love! Love! Love!!! You definitely have an awesome knack for scrapbooking, crafting and anything creative! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete