Green template

Thank you so much for stopping by Toadilly Homemade! This is a place where I try to capture my favorite crafting projects. I love to create and I hope you find something that inspires you.

12.27.2012

Countdown Blocks

I have been wanting to make countdown blocks forever!  But as usual, I craft for others before I craft for myself.  :)  I decided to make a set of countdown blocks for each of my boys' school teachers.  (Actually both of my boys participated, I insist on them helping pick out or make gifts for their teachers.)  Both teachers are expecting little bundles of joy before the end of the school year. 

The first teacher is expecting a girl and her classroom is decorated in pink, black, and zebra stripes.  I designed blocks to match:


The second teacher is expecting a boy, so I went with a bright color scheme:


My personal twist to the countdown blocks is to use chalkboard vinyl on the front.  I like the idea of being able to personalize and update the blocks to celebrate specific events.  Plus, you can choose to countdown weeks or days. 

Now I need to find the time to make my own set of blocks!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment