Green template

Thank you so much for stopping by Toadilly Homemade! This is a place where I try to capture my favorite crafting projects. I love to create and I hope you find something that inspires you.

1.29.2013

Disney Frames (Fish Extender Gifts)

Okay, bear with me.  I have one more Disney post and then I'm done.  Maybe.  Okay, I promise you won't see any more Mickey this month, how about that?  :)

Disney cruises have a gift exchange tradition called Fish Extenders or FE's.  Last time around I made hand sanitizer bottles and magnets.  This time I decided on personalized frames.  I found four-frame collages at the dollar store.  I knew I wanted to personalize the frames with Disney paper and vinyl lettering.  Since our itinerary had four ports of call I opted to vinyl a port on each frame, plus I added a Mickey head in the center. On the back I added the family's name and the ship name.  They turned out super cute!

Here is my personal frame:


You may notice my frame has three ports and one ship name.  We actually missed a port on our trip due to 7 foot swells.  Unfortunately I couldn't make changes to the gift frames on board the ship.

A second friend liked my frame idea and decided she also wanted to give frames as her FE gifts.  Unfortunately I had already cleared out these particular collage frames, but she found a smaller collage frame at a second dollar store.  This is how her frames turned out:

No comments:

Post a Comment